Before operating the unit, please read this manual and “User’s Guide/Troubleshooting” (separate
volume) thoroughly, and retain it for future reference.
Refer to “User’s Guide/Troubleshooting”
Explains advanced techniques and what to do if you experience trouble with
Read This Firs
Read This Firs
Checking the accessories supplied
• Ni-MH battery charger BC-
• USB cable (1)• CD-ROM (Cyber-shot
application software) (1)
• Operating instructions for
digital still camera “Read
This First” (this manual) (1)
• Operating instructions
• Power cord (mains lead) (1)• A/V cable (1)
• HR6 (size AA) Nickel-Metal
Hydride batteries (DSC-W5/
W7 (2), DSC-W15/W17(4))
• Soft carrying case (1) (DSC-
A “Memory Stick” is not
The camera has the own
internal memory (32 MB),
however, purchase of a
“Memory Stick” is
• Battery case (DSC-W5/W7
• Wrist strap (1)
Notes before use
• Charge the supplied batteries before using the camera for the first time.
• The camera is a precision instrument. Be careful not to bump the lens or the LCD screen, and not to
apply force to it. Attach the strap to prevent the camera from damage by being dropped, etc.
Additional information on this product and answers to frequently asked questions can be
found at our Customer Support Website.
Prepare the battery
• Connect the battery charger to an easily accessible wall outlet (wall socket) close by.
• Even if the CHARGE lamp is not lit, the battery charger is not disconnected from the AC power
source (mains) as long as it is connected to the wall outlet (wall socket). If some trouble occurs
while using the battery charger, immediately shut off the power by disconnecting the plug from
the wall outlet (wall socket).
• When charging is finished, disconnect the power cord (mains lead) from the wall outlet (wall
socket), and remove the Nickel-Metal Hydride batteries from the battery charger.
• Time required to charge fully depleted Nickel-Metal Hydride batteries at a temperature of 25°C
(77°F). Charging may take longer under certain circumstances or conditions.
• The CHARGE lamp may remain lit longer than six hours, but this is not a malfunction.
Nickel-Metal Hydride batteryCharging time
NH-AA-DA×2 (supplied)Approx. 6 hours
2Connect the power code
3To wall outlet
1 Insert the batteries.
Light on: Charging
Light off: Completed (Remove the
Match 3/# and
Using batteries other than the supplied ones
You can use HR 15/51:HR6 (size AA) Nickel-Metal Hydride batteries/R6 (size AA) alkaline
batteries/ZR6 (size AA) Oxy Nickel Primary Battery. t “User’s Guide/Troubleshooting”
Using the AC Adaptor
You can connect the camera using the AC-LS5K AC Adaptor (not supplied). t “User’s Guide/
Troubleshooting” (page 16). Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the AC Adaptor.
To check the remaining battery time
Press POWER to turn on and check the time on the LCD screen.
To remove the batteries
Hold the camera with the battery cover facing upward, then open the battery cover and remove
the batteries. Be careful not to drop the batteries.
To use your camera abroad — Power sources
You can use your camera, the supplied battery charger, and the AC Adaptor (not supplied) in any
country or region where the power supply is within 100 V to 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz. Use a
commercially available AC plug adaptor [a], if necessary, depending on the design of the wall
outlet (wall socket) [b].
Battery half fullBattery low,
Change the batteries with
fully charged ones, or
charge the batteries. (The
warning indicator flashes.)
• The displayed time remaining may not be correct under certain circumstances.
• When using alkaline batteries/Oxy Nickel Primary Battery, the battery remaining indicator does not display
the correct information.
• When the AC Adaptor (not supplied) is used, the battery remaining indicator is not displayed.
• Do not use an electronic transformer (travel converter), as
this may cause a malfunction.
Turn the camera on/set the clock
1Select .2Press POWER.
3Set the clock with the control button.
1Select the date display format with v/V, then press z.
2Select each item with b/B and set the numeric value with
v/V, then press z.
3Select [OK] with B, then press z.
• To cancel, select [Cancel] and press z.
To change the date and time
Select [Clock Set] in the (Setup) screen and perform the procedure in step 3 above.
t “User’s Guide/Troubleshooting” (page 54)
On the clock display
• If you selected [D/M/Y] in step 3-1, set the time on a 24-hour cycle.
• Midnight is indicated as 12:00 AM, and noon as 12:00 PM.
When turning on the power
• Unless you set the clock, the Clock Set screen appears each time the camera is turned on.
• Do not touch the lens portion as the cover opens and the lens portion extends. Also, do not leave the camera
with the lens portion extended for a long period of time with the power off as this may cause malfunction.
• The following screen appears when the camera is turned on for the second time or afterwards.
To turn off the power
Press POWER again.
• If the camera is running on battery power and you do not operate the camera for a period of time, the camera
turns off automatically to prevent wearing down the battery (Auto power-off function).
Changing the language setting
You can change the screen display to show messages in a specified language. To change the
language setting, press MENU to display the menu screen. Select (Setup) with the control
button, then, select [ Language] in (Setup1), and select the desired language. t “User’s
Guide/Troubleshooting” (page 52)
Insert a “Memory Stick” (not supplied)
Select the image size for use
Insert the “Memory Stick” all the way in until it clicks.
When there is no “Memory Stick” inserted
The camera records/plays back images using the internal memory (32 MB). t “User’s Guide/
Troubleshooting” (page 23)
2Press (Image Size).
3Select the size with v/V.
• The screen above is for still images.
For movies, select [640(Fine)] (“Memory Stick
PRO” only), [640(Standard)] or .
4Press (Image Size) to
complete the setting.
1Select a mode.
On still image sizes
For details on the image size t “User’s Guide/Troubleshooting” (page 13)
*Images are recorded in the same 3:2 aspect ratio as photograph printing paper or postcards, etc.
On recordable number of still images and recordable time of movies
Recordable number of still images and recordable time of movies vary depending on the image
For details on recordable number or time t “User’s Guide/Troubleshooting” (page 22)
• Number of recordable images and time can differ according to shooting conditions.
To remove a “Memory Stick”
When the access lamp is lit
Never open the cover or turn off the power. The data may be corrupted.
Image sizeGuidelinesNo. of imagesPrinting
(the default setting of
For printing high density imagesin A3 or
(the default setting of
For printing high density imagesin A4 or
1M (1280×960)For printing in postcard size
For recording a larger number of images
For attaching images to e-mail or creating
Maximum recordable imageMaximum recordable time
Open the cover, then push the “Memory Stick” in once.
4Insert the charged batteries.
While pressing OPEN, open the
Match 3/# and
(X:100.0%, Y:100.0%)Created with Grafikhuset CMYK PDF Creator for SOHC2 at Sony Human Capital.
Trenger du hjelp?
Antall spørsmål: 0
Har du et spørsmål om Sony Cybershot DSC-W7 eller trenger du hjelp? Still spørsmålet ditt her. Gi en tydelig og omfattende beskrivelse av problemet og spørsmålet ditt. Jo mer detaljert du beskriver problemet og spørsmålet, desto lettere blir det for andre eiere av Sony Cybershot DSC-W7 å gi et godt svar på spørsmålet ditt.
Om Sony Cybershot DSC-W7
Se håndboken for Sony Cybershot DSC-W7 her gratis. Denne håndboken er under kategorien Digitale Kameraer og har blitt vurdert av 1 personer med et gjennomsnitt på 7.2. Denne håndboken er tilgjengelig på følgende språk: Engelsk. Har du et spørsmål om Sony Cybershot DSC-W7 eller trenger du hjelp? Still spørsmålet ditt her